We would like to update you on the latest airlines operations from Ecuador that have been affected.
The rise in the new cases of Covid and the spread of the new Omicron variant, is affecting the crew member rotation and regular operations of some airlines, and has caused in the last days some flight delays and cancelations.
At the moment we have had:
- KLM flight delay - Tuesday 4th departure
- Atlas 42-hour delay – Wednesday 5th departure
- KLM flight cancelation - Thursday 6th departure
- KLM 48-hour delay - Friday 7th departure
- Pending update from KLM for Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th departure
We might have during the following weeks similar delays and cancelations, and have also received information from brokers and ground handlers that have been affected due to the illnesses and lack of personnel.
With this evolving impact, we expect a difficult upcoming high season as additional capacities and operation schedules from the airlines remain uncertain. We will keep working on additional spaces and update you when we have more information.
Thank you for your continued trust in this ever-changing situation.