woensdag 18 oktober 2023

Israëlische democratie is een Farce

Dan Cohen
BREAKING: Israeli member of Knesset Ofer Cassif () has been banned by the Knesset Ethics Committee's from Knesset sessions and meetings for 45 days. The ban was decided after a series of critical interviews with foreign media in which MK Cassif accused the Israeli government of committing a massacre in Gaza. Below is Cassif's official response: ⭕ The Ethics Committee's decision is another nail in the coffin of freedom of political expression in Israel. ⭕ In each of my interviews, I strongly and bluntly condemned of, and expressed my deep disgust at the criminal massacres by Hamas. My political statements against the occupation and war are not statements against the State of Israel, since peace and justice also serve it and its citizens. ⭕ All Israelis are severely harmed by the everlasting bloodshed and the narrowing of the democratic space. The Israeli government is indeed carrying out a massacre in Gaza and wished for war and violence to pursue its policy. My statements are legal and legitimate political ones. ⭕ My punishment is a form of political persecution. The “government of atrocities” is bringing a disaster upon both the people of Israel and the Palestinian people, and now also conducts a McCarthyism-style hunting campaign against critical voices within the Israeli society." ⭕ Even in these difficult days I will not be silent and will continue to fight for the principles for the realization of which I was elected - peace, equality, and justice for all.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten